Sunday, June 21, 2009

A New Adventure


Hello Everyone!
I wanted to share this new experience with all of you since it's such a huge step in my life:-) First off... I graduated from UMaine May 9, 2009 with a BS in Secondary Education with a concentration in English. I can't believe four years flew by so quickly, but when the time came to begin job searching... I got a little nervous. As a recent graduate (in this economy) I had a slim to none chance of finding a teaching job here in Maine, so I began expanding the search which brought me to aclipse.net. After searching through the site, I decided to apply and heard back a few days later from a recruiter in Boston. About a week later I had a phone interview and soon after... I had a job!
If all visa applications go well, I plan to be taking off for South Korea around August 14th(ish)! I will be teaching English as a second language at Chung Dahm Learning Institute (my exact location is up in the air until my visa papers are processed.) I'll be teaching middle-high school students from 4-10pm four to five days a week. Other than that, I will be spending my time diving into the Korean culture by learning a new language, eating exotic foods, and meeting new friends! I plan to keep this blog updated as much as I can as soon as I begin my year abroad!
Side note: I won't be traveling alone! Through classes and student teaching I made a very close friend who I will be traveling with :-) Her name is Jaime and I'm sure there will be many pictures of our adventures to come. (see picture above)

No comments:

Post a Comment