Wednesday, September 16, 2009

At Last!

So last night I got a call from my recruiter, I was suppose to have an interview with Wales School in Daegu (also spelled Taegu) South Korea. So I sat on my bed tonight waiting patiently for 9pm to roll around.... I ended up taking a nap and waking up around 9:45... no call. I check my e-mail and my recruiter sent yet another message saying that the interview has been postponed until Monday.

I'm trying to be patient... but my wonderful job at Wings Hill Inn is ending soon, and I need a job. I've been planning on that job being in South Korea... and I'm willing to pick my life up and move it to the other side of the world... but no one is making it easy to do so. So... at least I have an interview to look forward to... and at least I know where I'm going to be. I'm quite excited that I'll be close to Busan (I've heard you can take a ferry from Busan to Japan! --- and I do have some paid vacation time that would be wonderful to do some traveling with!) But until I leave, I'll be kickin' it in Temple, Maine for a bit more. Come visit... I'm bored.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie,
    I am form Belgrade Lakes and plan on teaching in Busan this fall!! What a small world :) I would love to hear some advice!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor... I'm commenting on my own post ten years after I wrote it. I don't even know my password to log back into this blog I made... and I notice I'm responding to you six years too late.

    It is WILD that you're from Belgrade Lakes and planned to teach in Busan as well. Did you make it there?!

    I stayed in Busan for one year and then moved to Daegu for two and a half years. I returned home and began my teaching career, and now I'm in the midst of a graduate program from UNH. We were asked to write a blog post yesterday, so I started revisiting this one... reading through my writing and walking down memory lane. I don't know if you'll read this comment, or if it will make it to you or not, but I hope your travels to Korea worked out for you!
    Best wishes,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete