Monday, July 5, 2010

... july.. yeah, it's been a while

Once upon a time I though keeping a blog would be a piece of pie, but I just can't seem to take the time to write about what I've been up to... so I thought perhaps sharing a few pictures could catch you all up on what's been happening here in South Korea!

Mike and I went to Jalgachi Market in Nampodong and had some awesome red snapper as sushi and some cooked. Last was a bit of seaweed soup cooked with our fish bones. It was awesome! I'm hoping to go back again and try the lobster (which was at least three times the size of the ones I see back home in Maine!) Monster Lobsters!

Went on a little adventure to Cheongdo to see the famous bull fighting with Jaime and met up with some other people. It wasn't very eventful, but it's cool to say I went to one... and getting there was half the fun. We took a train, walked for a while and then caught a taxi, but were quite proud of ourselves to find a bus to take us back to the train instead of paying a $18 taxi again.

Jaime and I also went to Jeju Island with a group called Adventure Korea and got to see a bunch of sights. Jeju is South Korea's sub tropical island... but it was in April so the weather wasn't it's warmest, but nonetheless, we had a pretty awesome time with the group of people we were with. Met a few girls we shared a room with... all teachers from Seoul and it was nice just to share some Korea stories with each other.

Went to Youngongsa Temple again (I've now been three times? four times?) I'm quite addicted to that coin throwing deal... I really plan on getting one in before I leave! Some of Mike's Korean friends came for a visit and we enjoyed some picture-taking and coin-tossing together.

Also had the chance to spend a weekend in Seoul and went to a music festival near a college area. They had the music outside and inside a condemned building, which the college students seem to be protecting for their own festivities. It was really cool to see so many different music groups, but I think the best part was outside the building near the end a bunch of people had their own instruments and sat down to have a little jam session. Mike had brought his ukulele and joined the little jam as well. Fantastic night!

My dear friend Rachel came to visit me all the way from Portland Maine in May. This was our first meal at a samgepsal restaurant near Sungjeon beach. I recently got a lomography camera and I've been taking a few pictures here and there with it. It can do double exposure which is really fun to play with and I'm hoping to learn more about my Diana Mini! As for Rachel and I, we had a beach day, checked out the Busan Aquarium, ate a few Korean meals, and a couple nights out with friends and saw what there is to see here in Busan. I was so happy to have her visit me here!

The most recent news here in Korea has been the soccer world cup. This was Koreas last game. Mike and I went to a huge soccer stadium to watch the game on the pig screens and it was so cool to be around a huge crowd dressed in red wearing devil horns. Unfortunately, Korean lost this one but it was still a really exciting game to go to. I've never been in a stadium where everyone is rooting for one team!

Well, I suppose, that's a quick update on what's been going on. I hope to update again soon... but I won't make any promises. Perhaps some of my lomography photos will come next! All my best, ang <3

No comments:

Post a Comment